PARENTING, TRAVEL, AND LITTLE JOYS
To be honest, a lot of our quarantine meals have been old stress-eating classics like "cheese from the bag while standing in front of the fridge" and "a couple ice cream sandwiches."
But, we started getting weekly produce delivery because we're avoiding the grocery store, and so we were overrun with some choices we'd normally skip. Cue this yummy salad, which we've been eating for two days.
- 1 bulb fennel, sliced VERY thinly
- 1/2 bunch celery, sliced VERY thinly
- 1/2 bunch flat-leaf parsley, sliced VERY thinly.
Mix those all together in a bowl. Dress with:
- juice of 1 lemon
- Olive oil to taste
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese and/or seasoned breadcrumbs
- Roasted nuts (we happened to have cashews, and chopped them)
For that real quarantine vibe, serve with like 4 handfuls of chips and then another few handfuls.
Hi, I'm Jane.
"Beware of all enterprises that require new clothes." Said Thoreau. But he hung out in the woods and jail.